What is this blog about?

There is no such thing as an expert on the topic of Life. We all have had our battles, our suffering, and our questions. Despite the uniqueness of our personal obstacles, we have endured them. We have endured them well enough to advise those behind us as to how to do the same. I have done the research on your behalf regarding the multitude of reasons why wisdom exists. My mission is to utilize the voices of the world's greatest thinkers and heroes to compose a guideline of life's wisdom so that you don't have to experience those trials alone.

If you have any questions, please tweet them to me @JoeSielski or email me at DelawareGLU@gmail.com

(Please title your email with the word "Wisdom" so I know it will be for this blog.)

I will do my best to try and answer every question as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thanks.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

In Us (a poem)

In Us

In me, there is both good and evil.
In you, there is the same.

The good in me knows of the evil in me.
The good in you knows of the evil in you.

The evil in me knows of the good in me.
The evil in you knows of the good in you.

The good in me recognizes the good in you.
The evil in me recognizes the evil in you.

The good in me honors the good in you.
The good in you honors the good in me.

The evil in me taunts the evil in you.
The evil in you taunts the evil in me.

The evil in me hinders the good in me, but
The good in me silences the evil in me.

When the evil in me encounters you, it will act as to draw out more evil from you.
When the good in me encounters you, it will act as to draw out the best in you.

When the evil in me encounters the good in you, it will not listen.
When the good in me encounters the evil in you, it will be steadfast.

When the good in me encounters the evil in you,
it must first silence the evil in me because
the evil in me wants to collaborate with the evil in you.
Then the good in me will also inspire the good in you so that
the good in you can silence the evil in you also,
 thus the good in me develops the good in you. 

The good in us recognizes itself.
The good in us magnifies itself.
The good in us both silences the evil in us all. 

In us, there is both good and evil, and
I still need practice.  




(Sept. 24, 2016)
Thank you for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment